SASPAS project started on 1st January 2019. and will last for a total of 30 months. Within the framework of the first project activities, the first kick-off meeting was held in Comune di Monfalcone (IT) on 21 and 22 March 2019. The purpose of the meeting is to meet project partners, review responsibility of individual project partners and review the budget.
The overall objective of the project is to improve seagrass preservation and restoration through laying safe anchorage innovative systems, performing pilot transplantations, carrying out monitoring activities and by defining an integrated management system for seagrasses in Adriatic area.
The project will spend 30 months on three research sites: Panzano Bay, Monfalcone (IT), National Park Kornati (CRO) and Brindisi Coast in the Dune Costiere Natural Park of Torre Canne to Torre San Leonardo (IT).
The SASPAS project is financed by the European Foundation for Regional Development under the Interreg V-A Program IT-CRO CBC (Priority Axis 3- Environment and Cultural Heritage).
The lead partner is the Municipality of Monfalcone, and the project also includes seven (7) partners from Italy and Croatia.
• Municipality Of Monfalcone (IT)
• Selc Cooperative Company (IT)
• National Interuniversity Consortium for Marine Sciences (IT)
• Provisional Management Consortium of Regional Natural Park »Coastal Dunes From Torre Canne To Torre San Leonardo« (IT)
• Association for Nature, Environment And Sustainable Development Sunce (CRO)
• Kornati National Park (CRO)
• University of Rijeka (CRO)
• Consortium for The Coordination Of Research Activities Concerning The Venice Lagoon System (IT)
Total budget of the project: 1.906.100,00 EUR
Funds of the program (ERDF): 1.620.185,00 EUR
Start of project: 01/01/2019
End of project: 30/06/2021